Emma Fitts completed a Bachelor of Fine Arts (Painting) at the University of Canterbury in 2002 and a Master of Fine Art from the Glasgow School of Art in 2010. Based in the UK since 2009, Fitts returned to Christchurch as the Olivia Spencer Bower awardee for 2014.
Her individual practice and collaborative work as Fitts & Holderness and Victor & Hester, has seen her participate in exhibitions and residencies both nationally and internationally. Most recent projects include Scottish solo show with Victor & Hester VH-16- 22-7-12-3-22-5 Dreams of Machines at Transmission, Glasgow (2015); Fit-out for Olivia Spencer Bower at Ilam Gallery (2015); 74 Heaton St Christchurch with Kirstin Carlin, (2014); Bomber Jacket for Marilyn Waring at St Paul St Gallery, Auckland (2014); Sports Jacket for Marlow Moss at the Physics Room, Christchurch (2014).
- Emma Fitts & Kirstin Carlin | Crane Brothers Pop Up
- Emma Fitts | From Pressure to Vibration - The Event of a Thread | Dowse Art Museum
- Female representation in New Zealand Galleries
- Kirstin Carlin & Emma Fitts | Necessary Distraction Publication
- KIRSTIN CARLIN & EMMA FITTS | Necessary Distraction | Auckland Art Gallery
- Florence and Friends | Flotsam and Jetsam Pop-up Project
- EMMA FITTS | Embodying the Archive | The Physics Room
- Guest Artist | Emma Fitts